Terms & conditions
Rules for use:
The air in the housing when it was closed is warmer and more humid than the temperature of the water on the outside will allow so condensation occurs, solution close the housing in as dry an environment as possible. Not often a problem in temperate climates but in the tropics the humidity levels are so high that it is often a problem, particularly if water temps are relatively low.
You drop a drop of water inside the housing just as you are closing it. This provides quite sufficient moisture inside the housing to cause condensation if the outside water temp low enough. Solution make sure you set up the housing/camera in a dry environment and that it is dry on the outside as well when loading camera in to housing.
The fogging clears slowly because the temperature inside the housing increases when the camera is turned on the working of which increases the temperature in the housing, warm air supports more water as vapour than cold air.
When possible, before closing the UW housing, work with your rig in a dehumidified, i.e., A/C, environment.
If possible, do not open your UW housing in between dives. This will probably be determined by how long your batteries last and how large your storage card is.
Minimize heat build-up inside the UW housing by turning off your camera when not in use.
Pre-dive, keep your assembled UW housing in the shade.
Pre-dive, equilibrate your UW housing in cold water (at the temperature of the water in which you will be diving, if possible).
Place one or more moisture munchers inside your housing.
Soak the underwater case in fresh water for a few minutes after every salt water dive, if possible. Soak it for longer if the salt water had a chance to dry. “Work” the buttons and controls for a few seconds while the camera is underwater, if possible. Afterwards, quickly towel-dry the housing.
Rules of rent:
- The RENTER/RENTERS refer to the named person who accepts and signs this rental agreement. OWNER refers to Rent a Gadget.
- The RENTER shall keep and maintain the rented equipment(s) at its original issued condition during the terms of the rental at his own cost and expense. He shall keep the equipment(s) in a good state of repair, normal wear and tear excepted.
- The RENTER shall pay the OWNER full compensation for replacement and/or repair of any equipment(s), which is not returned because it is lost or stolen, or any equipment(s), which is damaged, and in need of repair to put it into the same condition it was in at the time of rental, normal wear and tear excepted. The OWNER’s invoice for replacement or repair is conclusive as to the amount RENTER shall pay under this paragraph for repair or replacement.
- The RENTER shall NOT perform modification on the equipment(s) under any circumstances.
- The OWNER makes no warranty of any kind regarding the rented equipment(s), except that OWNER shall replace the equipment(s) with identical or similar equipment, subjected to availability, if the equipment fails to operate in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and operation instructions. Such replacement shall be made as soon as practicable after RENTER returns the non-conforming equipment(s).
- The equipment(s) shall be returned to OWNER at the RENTER’s risk, cost and expense. Rental charges are billed to the RENTER for the full term even if the equipment(s) is returned before the end of the term.
- If the equipment(s) is not returned during or at the end of the term, then the rental charges shall continue on a 24-hour basis at double the base rental rate without discount for any additional delay thereof until the equipment(s) is returned.
- Acceptance of returned equipment(s) by OWNER does not constitute a waiver of any of the rights OWNER has under the rental agreement.
- The OWNER may terminate this agreement immediately upon the failure of RENTER to make rental payments when due, or upon RENTER’s filing for protection from creditors in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- All RENTERS are informed that any information is supplied voluntarily in order to provide the equipment rental service and will be stored on a database that OWNER can consult at any time to review and rectify his/her personal data on request to the OWNER.
- The main purposes for which your personal data is collected, used or disclosed by Rent a Gadget, its related corporations and our service providers in Thailand include providing you with our services, managing your rental and your account, processing payments, addressing questions and feedback, and improving our services.
- RENTER indemnifies and holds OWNER harmless for all injuries or damage of any kind for repossession and for all consequential and special damages for any claimed breach of warranty.
- The RENTER shall pay all reasonable attorney and other fees; the expenses and costs incurred by OWNER in protection of its rights under this rental agreement and for any action taken by OWNER to collect any amounts due to the OWNER under this rental agreement.
- These terms are accepted by the RENTER upon delivery of the terms to the RENTER or the agent or other representative of RENTER.